Open an app, take a fast picture, set a timer, and send it along to any good friends you pick. Snapchat, is as simple as that for users of the popular platform, which has over 120 million day-to-day active users. Since the launch of Snapchat in 2011, it has developed to use brand-new and amazing functions– not just for your typical user, however also for business. With snapchatters viewing 10 billion videos each day, using Snapchat for business may be something you should consider.
Here are 5 reasons why you should utilize Snapchat for business:
1. Up your engagement with geofilters. Snapchat offers on-demand geofilters for anybody. These geofilters permit snapchatters to use a customized filter on their photo.
The way these filters work is quite simple: users take a picture, then swipe through and browse through different filters used by snapchat, which will include your own filter. Once they’ve reached your filter, they merely send the picture along to friends, use it by themselves story, or conserve the photo to their phone to post anywhere they pick. Best of all, these geofilters are really affordable! Depending on your “geofence”– the area of the geofilter’s reach– and the quantity of time you want the filter to be active, it could cost you just $20 (and maybe even less!). Snapchat also offers analytics with these filters, so you understand exactly the number of individuals seen and used your filter!
2. Increase your social media existence. Snapchat has more than 120 million day-to-day active users and is the most-used platform among those aged 13 to 24. If a more youthful market belongs to your target audience, increasing your social media presence using Snapchat for business will help you reach them.
3. Develop brand awareness. Developing a Snapchat account and frequently using it to promote your business can connect you with users in your geographical location and help them acknowledge your brand. If you use Snapchat in entertaining ways, you can get a following merely by being amusing. Bigger businesses with a lot of cash to spend on their advertising have actually used Snapchat’s Snap Ads– 10 second video ads that appear between stories on Snapchat. These helped develop brand awareness and promoted their business to users of the platform.
4. Share essential updates and exclusive content. Use Snapchat to show your buddies things that nobody else has access to. Tease a new services or product, provide a behind-the-scenes, take a look at a process that’s interesting, or show them the face behind the business. If you give users a view of your business they can’t see anywhere else, they’ll keep returning for more. Even Taco Bell has utilized Snapchat to share exclusive content, such as a sponsored lens for snapchatters to play with that turned their head into a giant taco.
5. Share discount coupons and hold contests. If you’re feeling generous and wish to see just how engaged Snapchat users are, try sending them a discount coupon or holding a Snapchat contest. Just use the features offered on Snapchat to develop a coupon to send out to the platform’s users. They can take a screenshot of the snap, reveal it in the shop, and you can track how often it’s used. A contest can do the same thing– ask users to send you an image related to a services or product you sell. If you own a café, send out a snap to users asking for a photo before they have actually had their early morning coffee. The very best entry can win a $10 gift card to utilize for an early morning pick-me-up.
Snapchat is great to connect in a candid, open and entertaining way. Focus on the 5 steps above and see how your audience reacts!